A Reverse Mortgage is exactly as it sounds; instead of you paying the lender, the lender pays you. Part of the equity in your home is converted into payments to you, and that money is tax-free. These additional monies can be used to pay off bills, help with medical expenses and allow you to live the retirement you deserve.
Reverse Mortgage Facts:
- Must be a homeowner, 62 years old or older.
- You keep the title to your home and are responsible for property taxes, insurance, utilities, maintenance, etc.
- Provide funds that can reduce month to month obligations
- Generally speaking, you will not need to pay any of the money back as long as you live in your home
- Seniors receive money drawn against the equity in their home
Remember: You still own your home and you can stay in your home as long as you want or you can sell the home to anyone and receive any remaining equity after the loan is paid off.
Reverse Mortgages can be very complicated and there are several options available. There is also a high risk of fraud in this area, so make sure to check the legitimacy and responsibility of the companies you are considering.
First Integrity employs loan officers that specialize in Reverse Mortgages to ensure that the service and guidance we provide clearly outlines the costs and financial implications of your decision. Call us today at 314-878-7900 and schedule a time to meet with a Reverse Mortgage specialist who will work with you every step of the way.
You have worked hard to build up equity in your home and we honor this by offering fees and costs that are in alignment with your goals.
First Integrity Mortgage Services is located in St. Louis, Missouri. We are a premier provider of Mortgages and Home Loans in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, and Arkansas. We work on behalf of our customers to help them qualify for the home loan they deserve!